Outer Hebrides Photography Tour and Workshops with Steve Walton
Following the success of our previous Wild Light Phototours of The Outer Hebrides in 2014 & 2015, we will return again on 17th-21st October 2016 for our popular five day photography workshop. From our base at the splendid Harris Hotel at Tarbert we will spend time exploring these wonderful islands. There is so much to offer here from the rugged and mountainous beauty of Harris and Scalpay, the ancient sacred sites of Lewis, the gently rolling machair of North Uist, deserted crofts, white sand beaches and crystal clear blue seas around every turn. These islands are the wild and unspoilt realm of golden eagle, sea eagle, marine mammals and unique Gaelic culture whose traditions have remained unchanged for centuries.
At this time of year the weather is often settled. In 2014, we had daily temperatures in the upper 70’s-80’s, but we can also experience stormy weather with heavy skies and the moody, changeable light of sunrise and sunset that is more usual this far north as we did in 2015. Landscape photography is all about light and shadow, drama and scale. The Outer Hebrides are a photographer’s paradise and this tour will leave you breathless and wanting to return again!
Just take a look at the images from our previous Wild Light Photography Tours of The Outer Hebrides…..
Harris: Luskentyre Pebbles
Lewis: Callanish Supermoon
Harris: Horgabost Gulls
North Uist: Croft
Scalpay: Concrete Coal Barge ‘Cretetree’
Lewis: Callanish Sunrise
Scalpay: Eilean Glas Lighthouse
Lewis: Dun Carloway Broch
Harris: Donald John Mackay, Harris Tweed Weaver
Harris: Luskentyre Dreams
Luskentyre Stormy Sunset
Borve Beach, Harris
Calm After The Storm, Harris
Peat Cutter’s Bothy, Lewis
Inspirational Wild Light Photography Workshops in The Outer Hebrides with Steve Walton
- Photography workshop during 17th-21st October 2016.
- 4 nights at The Harris Hotel (breakfasts and dinners are included).
- Personal welcome, pick-up and drop-off by Steve at Stornoway Airport.
- Transport to all locations with individual photography tuition throughout the week.
- Daily image reviews and constructive critique.
- Individual post processing tuition.
- Return ferry for day-trip to North Uist (weather conditions permitting).
- Tweed weaving and local photography gallery visits.
- Superb accommodation, great company, impromptu exploration and unlimited fun guaranteed!
- Cost: £1299
- Your flights
- Lunches, snacks and refreshments
Please contact me for full details booking information.
T: 0116 2994901