Landscape and Seascape Photography Workshops in The Outer Hebrides with Steve Walton
Outer Hebrides photography workshops
The Outer Hebrides are a landscape photographer’s paradise. Unique mountain geology, the finest beaches on earth, mysterious prehistoric sites, a strong cultural identity and the changing light of North Atlantic weather patterns set these islands apart. The workshop will take in all of the iconic locations of the Isles of Harris, Lewis, Scalpay, and more. My Outer Hebrides photography workshops groups are intentionally small so that everyone has ample opportunity for periods of individual tuition if required. Groups are restricted to four participants only.
Open to all abilities, the emphasis is on improving your existing skills with individual tuition with the opportunity to explore the Isles of Harris, Lewis & Scalpay and return with a superb portfolio of landscape & seascape images.
Personal pick-up and drop-off at Stornoway Airport or ferry terminals can be arranged. Locations on the tour are reasonably accessible but a moderate level of fitness is absolutely necessary.
Image reviews in the welcoming Harris Hotel bar in the evenings are a great social time for the group after a day of photography.
Sunrises and sunsets, deserted Hebridean beaches, abandoned crofts, the awe-inspiring standing stones at Callanish and surrounding sites are our locations for the workshop. Sunrise at Callanish and sunsets on west-facing beaches will provide you with an unforgettable workshop experience.
Please click on THIS LINK to our new website for full details of our landscape photography workshops in 2023.
Luskentyre, Isle of Harris
Callanish Standing Stones
Storm swell at Traigh Rosamol
Photography workshops on the Isles of Harris & Lewis with Steve Walton FBIPP FMPA
- At least three different locations each day
- Small group (maximum of 4 photographers)
- Open to all levels of experience
- Five full days of tuition by professional landscape photographer Steve Walton FMPA FBIPP
- Total cost for my Harris, Lewis & Scalpay workshops is £1100 per person*
- Accommodation and meals. *I recommend that workshop participants book their accommodation at the Harris Hotel in Tarbert for six nights to cover the duration of the workshop. The Hotel will be our daily meeting point and we will return in the evenings for dinner in the restaurant, image reviews and socialising in the cosy hotel bar
- Return travel to the Islands
- Please note transport to locations during the workshop is by car sharing. Most of the driving between locations is quite short, the furthest location is Butt of Lewis which is about 1.5 hrs from Tarbert. There are several locations that we’ll visit on the journey, including Callanish Standing Stones, Dalmore and Dalbeg. Please be prepared to take your turn with driving.
Please visit our Hebridean Photography website for full details of our next photography workshops on the Isle of Harris and Isle of Lewis: www.hebrideanphotography.uk/workshops